Tuesday, March 22, 2011

skateboard wheels


I've read many inquiries in the web regarding the use of a long board wheel in a trick board. I don't want to do skateboard tricks, I just want to hover around and looking around, so I decided to replace the small wheels of my skateboard with bigger wheels used in long boards. I only like to use my skateboard to quickly travel between two points as fast as possible. So here they are, I attached the pictures how it finally look like. I can snow smoothly hover over road pavements and I now have more places to to ride with my skateboard. So far, I do not experience any wheel bite because my tensor frame is tight.

The picture may look like there is a possible wheel bite, but really the gap is wide and I don't experience any wheel bite at all. This really surprised me since there are many discussions over the web which mentioned that there will be a wheel bite. And therefore, they instead recommend to used a long board for this. But I already have my skateboard and i only want to replace it with bigger wheels. Besides, I don't like the shape of long boards.


 
I think, using a long board wheel in a skateboard is recommended if you don't do any tricks and you just want to move in space as quickly as possible. Using a larger wheel allows you to move even in rough road pavements which is not previously possible with a trick board which is only used over smooth pavements. But with a larger wheel you can no longer do any tricks. Furthermore, I think that a trick board is far more durable than a long board considering all the different kinds of stresses that trick boards are subjected into compared to that of long boards. Long board wheels on a skateboard is good combination.

1 comment:

  1. Your work is very good and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Thank you for sharing great information to us. Best Skateboard Wheels

    ReplyDelete